I, Montana, used to live near the sandy beaches in Florida. But then I fell in love with rock climbing, mountainous terrain, and hiked the Appalachian Trail from Georgia to Maine in 2014. Now I live in Washington state and work as a park ranger.
This blog was originally created to chronicle my Appalachian Trail adventure, as well as provide future thru-hikers a detailed resource. In 2019, I plan to thru-hike the Pacific Crest Trail and will update this blog as I go. And the ole’ gram of course: @peakedcuriosity
Why I hike:
- Backpacking simplifies my life in a healthy way
- I love the community
- I feel very passionately about the National Trails System
- I’m a bonafide nature nerd
- I love learning about a place from the slow, intimate pace of walking – the people, the culture, the community, the plants
- It’s a relatively affordable way to travel for a good while, and serves as a transition through major life events
- I am happy on Trail
I started this blog as a way to share stories, what I learn, and raise awareness of environmental issues. My goal is to inspire others to become acquainted with nature, too, in whatever way makes sense to them.